January 30, 2012

Philadelphia, PA

What can I say, Philly is awesome. Good food, great people, lots to do, and I had some great company as well! This trip was pleasure and not business but I'm still including it in my journeys. I checked into the Sheraton in City Center and blown away by my view. This was my first time in Philly and didn't know what to expect. Everyone I talked to was nice, which I'm told is odd, but my experience was different. People opened doors at random places, said hello and smiled. I ate at Geno's which I wasn't to thrilled by. The place was cool, but cheese steak, not so much! I actually enjoyed Carmine's at an indoor market much better. One of the coolest things we did was the haunted house tour of The Eastern State Penitentiary. Really creepy and surreal to see how and where these inmates lived. If you make a trip there I recommend eating at Phillips Seafood in the Sheraton, it was a mistake based on lack of time, but the food was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment